Aidan & Quyen's Wedding

Welcome to our wedding blog! We are getting married on June 11, 2005. This blog is for you to share our stories along the way and have fun with us in the countdown to our special day!

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Fr. Peter

Today, Quyen and I went to Corrimal Church and met with Fr. Peter Comonsoli to discuss him marrying us....

hmmm... I was crapping myself hard. Hoping he would marry us despite the fact that Quyen is Buddhist, and I don't go to Church. As well as other factors which are too boring to go into here.

We discussed our situation and had a chat about the past. I know Father Peter from about 14 years ago when he was training to be a Priest at the Immaculate Conception Parish in Unanderra (Southern suburb of Wollongong). I went to his ordination - I think I may have even been an alter boy for it - but i can't be sure.

He hasn't changed and I must say that he is so down to Earth and is a perfect example of what I expect all Priest's to be like in the Catholic Church today. I hope the new generation of Catholic Priests will change with the times. Only then will more young people enjoy the Church as not only a place of worship, but a true instituion of guidance and fun.


Enough preaching.

We have to get a few documents in preparation for the papers to be submitted to the wonderful Australian Government and the Catholic Church. My part for that is easy - a original Birth Certificate extract; and a Baptism Extract.

Quyen needs to get her Birth Certificate extract. Only problem with that is... it's somewhere in downtown South Vietnam - records are not kept in Vietnam. The best we have is her Refugee Visa from 1980... hopefuly that will be ok. I shall keep you posted...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RoboCounter: free web counter