Aidan & Quyen's Wedding

Welcome to our wedding blog! We are getting married on June 11, 2005. This blog is for you to share our stories along the way and have fun with us in the countdown to our special day!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bucks Day!!


bucks pig
Originally uploaded by
Aidan & Quyen.

All the big boys came together last Saturday to celebrate my Bucks Day... you may know it as a Bachelor Party. It was a massive day that was fantastic for all involved.

Starting off with Paul, Ian and Michael at 7:30am, we met all the guys at Helensburgh for a game of golf at "Boomerang Golf Course". We played nine holes - two groups of 8, with my Dad my caddy - thanks Dad!! It was funny... my group tried to take it seriously but by the sixth we were kind of in a silly mode so we stuck to that and had a bit of fun...

We then headed North up the Freeway back to my place for a lunch BBQ (extensively captured on Ian's phone - link at the bottom!). The BBQ was an absolute treat! I had not used the BBQs at my place yet, but they were great. I had not ever used the pool and spa either. They were great! Nice and heated. Finishing lunch at 3pm, we headed off into the city in a MaxiTaxi (a cab that seats up to 11 people) to a high speed jet boat ride around the harbour for 50 minutes. That was awesome! The highlight of the day had to be the dinner though. Having pre ordered a whole suckling pig for us all to get through, we arrived at the restaurant with high expectations. Speaking for myself, they were certainly met. The pig was awesome - as the photo depicts. It was alot of food, but we finished every last piece of crackle, meat and veges!

Dinner finished and we headed off to a Karaoke place up the road and sang to our hearts content for an hour. THat was very entertaining - with me proving I really am a frustrated singer as Ian calls it... hmmm.. make of that what you will. We then headed off to Kings Cross. I will finish there with a famous quote of the night... "what happens on tour, stays on tour". All good though - Winny is happy with the outcome (as I wipe my forehead in relief).

Please take your time to have a look at all of the photos that Ian took on the day - I must say that the captions are fantastic that he has attached to each photo. I only had the chance to have a look tonight - bloody funny. Well done.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mylittlebabe/sets/70296/

Big thanks to Paulie, my best man, best mate, and a top bloke for organising the whole day. A heap of effort was put in to ensure it went a treat. Thanks also to those that came along to the day. It was great to see you all there and was certainly the moment in the lead up to the wedding that has been the most memorable.

Quyen has her party Saturday week.... I shall report... hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RoboCounter: free web counter