Aidan & Quyen's Wedding

Welcome to our wedding blog! We are getting married on June 11, 2005. This blog is for you to share our stories along the way and have fun with us in the countdown to our special day!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

One invitation caught fire

OK, so there is a funny story with every wedding. However, this one so far takes the cake for Quyen and I. As noted previously, we melted wax directly onto the invitation to fasten the transparencies to the cardboard. In the early stages of doing this, I was still learning, I practiced absolutely perfectly and was very proud. Cocky as I was as a result, I decided to move onto the real deal. BIG MISTAKE...

The third invitation I was on was my Uncle Terry's. I was holding the wax too high up into the flame and the wax started dripping on fire. Yep, each little drop of hot, melted wax was drops of fire. It kept building and building - almost a bonfire now. I persisted dropping wax on (now not drops of fire) thinking it would put out the flame. Stupid idea. Derrrrr....


Anyhoo, Uncle Terry ended up with a massive puddle of wax on one side of his invite - covering up the evidence of any fire.... I don't have a photo of this one. I was in too much of a panic with it catching fire.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

RoboCounter: free web counter